"Spoking" is the non-uniform water application at the center pivot circles. It results from the start-stop operation of an electric drive pivot system. An electric pivot starts and stops 2,880 times per day at the end tower alone.
Common sense would say the consequence of "spoking" is lost crop production and that crop production losses can be even greater if the system is being used for chemigation. Your investment in irrigation is significant and is intended to maximize your economic return from your crop. However, the intermittent motion of an electrically powered pivot system can detract from your return, sometimes significantly. The start-stop motion is also detrimental to component life, increases mechanical problems, creates more expense, causes downtime, and generally makes irrigating miserable.
Only T-L Irrigation Systems are hydrostatically powered. Other features of T-L Irrigation Systems include:
- Smooth, continuous system movement at any speed
- Precise rotation times at any temperature
- High speed rotation for frost control and uniform chemical application
- Exclusive option of planetary gearboxes with an 8-year, 24,000 hour gearbox warranty
- HydroClear specially formulated fluid that assures life-long hydraulic component performance
- High-efficiency, variable-displacement hydraulic pump that uses only needed power and can be used with single or 3-phase electricity
54659 838th Road
Battle Creek, NE 68715